Keratin-Keratin is called a protein which aids in formulation of skin’s outermost layer. Hair and nails. Your skin can be nourished wounds can be treated and your hair can be shiny and smooth with the help of Keratin. Our body contains 54 different varieties of keratin we can have these keratin in our body by consuming foods rich in keratin. Your hair can be strengthened with the use of keratin products and treatments and it will also improve its texture and appearance. Lets discuss some foods which will provide naturally increase of keratin in your body.
Foods which will increase the natural production of keratin in the body
1. Onion- onions are not only makes our food tasty but also helps in ramping up the keratin production. Onions contains N-acetyl cysteine which is an oxidant that the body uses to form L crystine. 1 cup of cooked onions is equal to 2 teaspoons of pure keratin. It is good source of minerals, Vitamin C and B vitamins.
2. Sunflower seeds- sunflower seeds are a great source of biotin and protein which supports keratin production. The amount of keratin in 1 cup of hulled sunflower seeds is 11.3 mg which is similar to 2 tablespoons of pure keratin. It includes a variety of essential elements like protein, B vitamins, iron, Zinc, Copper, and magnesium.
3. Garlic- Garlic is one of the best food for keratin. It protects our body from sun damage and promise anti aging material. Raw garlic is high in Vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin B6 and C and manganese which all promote healthy hair. Garlic has certain antioxidants which will protect your skin from aging and effects of free radicals.
4. Carrot- carrots are one of the best options for keratin rich food. it is full of fiber and also a good source of protein , vitamins and minerals. Carrots that have been cooked deliver 9.7 mg of keratin per cup .
5. Chickpeas- chickpeas are great source of keratin. There is around 32.2 mg of keratin in 1 cup of chickpeas. Chickpeas are affordable and popular food found in every kitchen.
6. Green Leafy vegetables- Dark leafy greens is a great source of keratin meals like spinach, cabbage, lettuce, kale. 1 cup of served greens has 15.3 mg of keratin or approximately 2 teaspoons of pure keratin. These dark green veggies are super source of iron, protein , vitamins and minerals.
7. Eggs- Eating eggs is naturally great for keratin production. It is a good source of biotin, a nutrient necessary for the production of keratin. A single cooked egg provides 10 Mcg of this nutrient or 33% of the daily value.
8. Mangoes- mangoes are a good source of keratin rich food. It can be peeled and chopped having 8.5 mg of keratin per cup. It is a good dose of fiber, vitamin c Minerals and other nutrients in this fruit.
Apart from these foods Salmon, sweet potatoes, kale are good source of keratin which boosts hair, skin and nails.