Healthy lifestyle is the need of the hour. we can maintain healthy lifestyle by consuming healthy diet. But we often neglect the healthy diet and want to balance the healthy lifestyle only. The gap begins over here . We have to make a balance between these two. Healthy diet we can take by consuming rainbow diet .
What is Rainbow diet
Rainbow diet concept is not new but it is going so popular these days among people. As the name suggested rainbow diet consist of a diet which is full of food with different colour. Not only the food plate looks colorful but each of the colors play a significant role in providing a specific Phytochemical to our body which is necessary for the overall development and growth of our body. It is full of antioxidants which will help in building the immunity of the body and helps in removing the toxins from the body. Lets discuss what is the role of each color as a part of rainbow diet plays in fulfilling all the body needs.
Colors of the Rainbow diet and its significance
1. Red- Red color in food is given to it by lycopene a Phytochemical which is full of antioxidant properties. It will help in fighting Heart diseases and certain types of cancers and helps in skin protection and sun Burns. Red color food consists of Apples, Apricots, watermelons, strawberries and pomegranate. Beetroot has strong powerful antioxidant which provide anti inflammatory and vascular protective effects on our body. Red wine has also have antioxidants which will lower the risk of coronary heart diseases.
2. Green- Green is the important color to consume to eat a healthy diet. Green color diet is full of most essential nutrients like calcium, potassium , iron, magnesium, Vitamins Like Vitamin B, C , E and K. Green color food is full of natural deodorizer which will remove bad breadth from our mouth. Food with lots of Green include, Broccoli, spinach, Peas, Capsicum, Lettuce, Cucumbers, Green apples, Grapes and pears are good to add in our diet.
3. Yellow- Yellow color is good for your skin, eyes, Bone and hair health. It is full of vitamin, Potassium and amino acids which is helpful in anti aging process. Yellow food consist of Banana, Mango, Pineapple, Peach or musk melon which provides glowing skin and healthy hair.
4. Blue/Purple- Blue colored foods like Blueberries, Grapes , eggplants and purple cabbage are rich in antioxidants which will save your skin from aging and enhance immunity so that our body will fight against different diseases. It will help in fighting cholesterol, Heart related diseases and boost immunity and other antioxidants that are naturally present in our body.
5. Orange- Orange colored foods like Oranges, Carrots, Mangoes, sweet potatoes, apricots and pumpkin are full of immunity and helps in improving eyesight. These are full of fiber and vitamin C which is full of antioxidants which will improve overall health of our body.
6. White- white color foods such as mushrooms Greek yogurt, cauliflower, tofu and chickpeas and potatoes are packed with nutrients. They promote health promoting chemicals like allicin and allinin which will improve blood pressure and lower LDL cholesterol levels. It is full of healthy bacteria , calcium and proteins which is most important for the overall health of the body.