Reliance Jio GigaFiber service is due forcommercial roll out this year. Silently, the company is ramping up Jio GigaFibre rollout in some select areas around the country. But, the company is not calling it as a commercial roll outand it is still providing Jio Giga Fiber service under its preview offer.
In spite of several revealing news gaining momentum about roll out of Reliance Jio Giga Fiber service, the company kept tactful silence about the issue. However, the company has recently published some FAQS on its website detailing some features of its service as well as deposit details for prepaid plan.
Considering this, given below are ways for availing the broadband service under its preview offer.
Process of Installing Jio GigaFiber service:
Instead of collecting applications for new connection the company is asking interested consumers to register their interest on its website or via MyJio app. In the meantime there is evidence to show that company executives are conducting market survey in areas where ompany’s fibre infrastructure is already there.When the service becomes ready for commercial roll out the company will provide you connection details. It is likely that the company will announce the commercial roll out in the coming months.
Jio GigaFiber installation plans and price:
As per its preview offer the company is asking a security deposit of INR 4500. They say that this money is for optical network terminal (ONT). No charges will be made for installation, activation and deactivation service. If a consumer is not satisfied with this new service then he/she can get the Giga Fiber disconnected and get refund of the security deposit. However, refunding process may take about 45 days.
For the first 3 months the service is completely free. The consumer will be given 100GB data every month with a speed of 100Mbps. If the consumer happens to finish his given data beforehand then another free 40GB top-ups is available on Jio website as well as on My Jio app.
As per company source this service will be available as a prepaid service only. Though no time frame is declared, postpaid service will also be offered.
How to get a Jio GigaFiber connection immediately
Steps for getting Jio GigaFiber connection are as below:
- Until the company commercially rolls out one can approach a Jio representative who is carrying out survey nearby you and ask for new connection.
- Using debit card, credit card, Jio money, or PayTM pay the security deposit of INR 4500 for connection.
- Submit necessary documents and a PP size photo to the representative.
- After deposing the security money the company will send a text message for the new connection.
- After some days you will be informed about details of hardware installation. Depending on your convenience the company installation executive will visit your home.
- On the scheduled day Jio installation technician will set up necessary wiring and Gigahub Home at your home. Immediately after your account is activated you can start using Jio Giga Fiber internet
Launching of Jio TV and Smart Home solutions as shown by the company in its AGM last year are yet to come. Even its preview is also not available. It expected that after commercial roll out of Giga Fiber the other facilities shall follow.