Whether you are a solo traveller or you like to travel in Group Mumbai is always preferred for travelling for its top attractions. Being the capital of Maharashtra this city is full of life and excitement. If you want to visit Mumbai first you have to make a list of great places here to enjoy the trip the most. Let’s discuss the top attractions of Mumbai which make this city the first choice for travellers.
Top places of Mumbai which will make your trip memorable
There are so many places in Mumbai worth watching and you can spend quality time with your soul mate, family and friends. Let’s discuss some best places to visit in Mumbai.
Read More : Best and affordable Food delivery Apps in India
1. Gateway of India- India is famous for breathtaking monuments and gateway of India is the most favourite for all. It is one of the greatest attractions of Mumbai which has been built after great efforts of ten years. It is 85 feet tall with its central dome being 15 meters in diameter. it is located on the waterfront at Apollo Bunder area at the end of chhatrapati shivaji marg in south Mumbai and overlooks the Arabian sea. As the name suggests this monument served as an entrance point to India for British viceroys.
2. Marine drive- Mumbai is called city of dreams and the most lived dream of visiting this city for travellers is visiting marine drive. it is so famous as it is situated on reclaimed land facing west-south-west. This drive is also called queens necklace as when viewed from night from an elevated point anywhere along the drive the street lights resemble a string of pearls in a necklace. It is a c shaped six lane 4 kilometre long concrete road along the coast of a natural bay. The best recommended time to visit marine drive is at sunset.
3. ISKCON temple- ISCKON temple Mumbai is just a short distance away from famous Juhu Beach. This temple is set on the prime land of four acres .This magnificent temple complex is one of the most visited in the country today. It is opened in 1978 and this complex includes a spacious marble temple, a recently renovated auditorium and a twin towered seven storeys Guest House where visitors can stay and take part in the daily Spiritual programmes of the temple.
Read More : Step by step process to check all the numbers linked to your Aadhaar Card
4. Shree Sidhivinayak- Shree siddhivinayak temple is one of the famous attraction of Mumbai. it is mostly visited by celebrities , politicians , businessman and renowed people of entertainment industry. It is built in year 1801at Prabhadevi (Mumbai) This temple has a small mandap with the shrine for siddhivinayak ,Ganesh who grants your wish. The wooden doors of this temple are carved withthe images of Astavinayak. This temple is open on seven days of week from 7am to 7 Pm. This temple is most famous for the unusual image of lord ganesha that resides in the innermost wooden spectrumof the temple.
5. Juhu Beach- Mumbai is full of beaches and juhu beach is the most popular beach in Mumbai among the tourists and locals. It is a very crowded place. it is the best destination for shooting films. It is most crowded at weekends and public holidays. You can enjoy the seashore and the street food of Mumbai Like bhelpuri, panipuri and sev puri. It is open 24 hours a day. You can go here for early morning running and enjoy the time alone in the evening.
6. Linking road – if you are a fashion freak you can visit Mumbai linking road to meet your fashion goals. Mumbai is known as the fashion capital of India. Linking road is the most popular flea market of Mumbai. It is popular as it offers variety of fashion things from clothes to accessories. It serves footwear foe men, women and kids. You can have various fashion items at reasonable prices.
7. Sanjay Gandhi National Park- it is one of the most visited parks of Asia which spread over an area of 104 Km of land. You can have fun day boating at the artificial lake in the park. You can do hiking towards Gandhi tekdi which is the memorial built in the memory of mahatma Gandhi through forest road and stairs. Thetoy train Van rani is a popular attraction for kids. You can also visit kanheri caves to capture the Buddha relics.
8. Elephanta caves Mumbai- Elephanta caves in Mumbai is the UNESCO world heritage site in Mumbai which shows the massive rock cut caves of the date back to several centuries. This site has five caves dedicated to hindu God shiva and two caves of buddhist archietecture. You can take a ferry ride from gateway of india to reach this place and enjoy the scenic beauty of Mumbai. If you don’t want to trek you can take toy train which will give you the tour of the caves right from entry point.
9. Powai Lake, Mumbai- it is an artificial lake in Mumbai which is 12m deep and spread over 6.6 km.it is famous for wide variety of birds you can see here you can see kingfishers, kites, bulbuls, herons, ducks, Parakeets and doves. You can even spot crocodiles here. it is open 24 hours from 6am to 10 am and 1 Pm to 7 pm all days.
10.Haji Ali dargah- Haji ali dargah is gain most popular shrines in Mumbai which is built in the middle of Arabian sea. This grand edifice is made up of white marbles and shoes indo Islamic style of archietecture. You can have the panoramic view of deep blue waters here. Haji ali dargah is mostly visited by Bollywood top celebrities. It is open from 5 :30 am to 10Pm every day.