Kolkata is the capital of the Indian state west Bengal. This city is full of charming markets and busy corners. Kolkata as known as city of joy tourists can explore. You can explore different cultures and enjoy each day. Let’s discuss some best places you can visit there
1. Victoria memorial Kolkata- Victoria memorial is one of the most visited places of Kolkata. It is named after Queen Victoria and served as a museum now. You can watch light and sound shows in the evening. You can see a series of paintings, artifacts, sculpture and books. You can spend 3 to 4b hours here to gain complete knowledge of your past. This museum is closed on Mondays and national holidays and normal timings of the museum is 10am-5 Pm.
2. Howrah Bridge Kolkata- Howrah bridge is again the best place to visit in Kolkata if you want to spend time alone with just the ocean in front of you this is the place worth visit for you. it weathers the storms of bay of Bengal region and carrying a daily traffic of almost 100000 vehicles. And almost 150000 pedestrians. It is one of the busiest cantilever bridge in the world.
3. Park Street Kolkata- part street is famous for its notable landmarks and showrooms buildings and tombs of prominent figures from British raj era and European population. It is one of the best place to visit for people who want to relax in the evening. It has iconic pubs and clubs to visit here.
4. Dakshineshwar kali temple- this temple is founded by Rami Rashmoni of Bengal in 1855. This temple is dedicated to goddess bhavtarani who is a form of goddess kali which is known as the saviour of universe. It is well known for its architecture of this temple which has a historical touch to it.
5. Babu Ghat Kolkata-Babughat is one of the many ghats built during british raj along the side of Hooghly river. This ghat has a coloniel structure. It offers beautiful scenic views and like the iconic view of Howrah Bridge . it is perfect destination for photography .
6. College street Kolkata- if you are interested in buying books College street is best place for you it is crowded with youngsters. It is alike of daryaganj , delhi. This street is open seven days a week.you can buy secomd hand novels or any college course book here.
7. Alipore Zoo Kolkata- Alipore Zoo again is the most visited place of Kolkata it is worth watching if you are travelling with your kids. You can see numerous species of animals, birds and reptiles the timing of the zoo is 9am -4:30 Pm.
8. Birla Mandir Kolkata- Birla mandir Kolkata is famous as it is named after Birla family and the abode of lord Krishna here completely made up of white marble stone. It took almost 26 years to complete. timing of birla mandir is 5:30am-1100am and 4:30 Pm to 9 Pm.
9. Science city Kolkata-science city is inaugurated in 1997 and it is one of the top most tourist attractions of the city. Students keep on visiting the science city and explore its popular inhabits like the Aquatic world, The Jurassic world, and the Time machine. The timing of the Science city is 9 am to 8 pm.
10. New Market Kolkata-New market is the place where all kinds shopping can be done like clothes, jewellery and other items. It is best place for youngsters. This market has near about 2000 stalls in which you can shop your favourite item. Avoid this place during weekends as there is great rush here on weekends.