Summers are best for a trip for hill stations. Every person needs a break from the hustle of daily routine of life. Hill stations in uttrakhand are best destinations to visit for sightseeing, trekking, refreshing waterfalls and panoramic spaces you wish for. Exploring their culture and trying their cuisine is one of the add on in this journey. Let’s discuss some offbeat destinations you can try for your next vacation.
1. Binsar- Binsar is around 346 kilometres from Delhi. Binsar is best visited from March to June and October to December. It is a hidden mountain jewel. Binsar has a lot to offer. It is well renowned for the Binsar Wildlife Sanctuary, the Kasar Devi Temple, and many other attractions. You can even go on a weekend excursion to Binsar. Binsar was called after the bineshwar mahadev temple, a 16th century Shiva shrine.
2. Munsiyari- munsiyari is a comely hamlet situated in pithoragarh district of uttrakhand state . it offers natural beauty of snow covered mountains. it is nestled at an altitude of 2298mts above sea level. It means a place with snow and referred as little Kashmir. It is best known for the trekking trails and adventure sports. Trek to milam glacier, namik glacier and ralam glacier commences at munisiyari.
3. Kausani- Kausani village is best known for the spectacular panoramic view of the Himalayan peaks like trishul, Nanda Devi and the mighty panchachuli. You can enjoy a picture perfect sunrise from one of the many viewing platforms in the village it is a paradise for the bird lovers. Best time to visit this place is September to May. March to May are the summer months with pleasant temperature whereas it sees snowfall from October to February.
Read More : Top Laundry basket available in India
4. Chakrata- chakrata is a magical hill station which is embellished by the sunkissed Himalayan ranges and placed at an elevation of 2118 meters above the sea level. It is cradled in the dehradun district and ideal weekend destination. It is far away from the hustle and bustle of the city so it is marked as a loner’s delight. It is 90 km far from dehradun. Mundali is a beautiful tourist spot near chakrata which offers undistributed views of the Himalayas along with the golden opportunity to experience skiing in winters. It also offers camping in woods, village walks and exciting trekking.
5. Landour- landour is a cantonment town just 7 kilometer north of the famous hill station mussoorie in the Indian state of uttrakhand. It is situated at an altitude of 7500 feet about 1000 feet above mussorie. It is a part of mussoorie and regarded as tiara of queen of hills. It is so close to busy town of mussoorie it remains offbeat, peaceful, unexplored and untouched destination. It is 3.5 km from picture palace on mall road . there is ban on new construction and tree cutting on landour . There are lush green hills here. you can even visit laal tibba the highest point of this town from where you can see some of the Himalayan peaks.