Good news for every traveller. Indian railways now let you transfer a confirmed ticket to someone else, provided you submit the request 24 hours before the scheduled departure time of the train. As per their website- indianrailways.gov.in, a person with a confirmed ticket will be able to transfer his ticket to someone else in his family, like mother, father, daughter, son, sister, brother, and even wife. You can transfer both your online as well as the offline ticket to one of your family members. If you have booked your ticket online, then all you need to do is visit one of the closest railway stations with a printed copy of the ticket and request for the transfer.
Here’s what you should know about transferring your confirmed Indian Railway ticket facility:
- You can request for the confirmed railway ticket transfer just once.
- As per Indian Railways, transfer request should not cross 10% of the total number of members.
- You can transfer your confirmed ticket to a government employee as well who is travelling on duty. The same rule applies, you should do it 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure.
- The confirmed tickets can be transferred to school students as well. The principal of the recognized school and institutes have to make the request 48 hours prior to the scheduled departure of the train.
- The confirmed tickets can be transferred to other people of the marriage party too. The head of the party has to make a request before 48 hours of the scheduled departure time of the train.
- You can transfer your confirmed ticket to cadets of NCC as well, that is cadets of National Cadet Corps. The person heading the group has to make a request 24 hours before the scheduled departure time.