Ladakh is paradise on earth. This is the land with least population region across the country and favorite destination for tourists in September and October. You can add this destination in your bucket list if you like adventurous travel with lots of scenic beauty. You can enjoy the snow covered beauty of peaks grassy lakes and green valley’s without freezing in the cold temperature. If you are a budgeted traveler It is best to visit in September and October months as these months are marked as off season if you will plan your trip in these months it will decrease your cost. You can grab 50% discount of hotel and flight deals.
Ladakh weather and transportation in September
Weather is almost good in September month with fewer crowds. Manali leh Srinagar highways are open and accessible. You can quickly get accommodation and transportation. However high altitude passes had begun to receive snowfall so plan your trip accordingly as severe snowfall can destroy your trip plans. if you want to go to ladakh by bike in September it can be a good idea as there is no rain and roads are smooth but there are extremely low petrol pumps and mechanics in manali leh highway so you have to be proficient in how to repair and replace your vehicle parts. The flight journey is also comfortable as the main airport to the city is Leh Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport which is around 5 km away and so many flights are available from leh airport to various other destinations and many cities and states have direct flights as well.
Major things you can do in Ladakh in September
1. Sightseeing- you can enjoy the scenic beauty of ladakh in September as monsoons have already Passed and lots of vegetation in Kashmir and lahaul valleys. The mountains will see clear and clean. Lush greenery will give a soothing effect to your eyes. It is the beginning of period of autumn and tops of the peaks snow begins to settle which will create a remarkable view of desert and snow.
2. Festival of ladakh- Ladakh festival will take place in September and lasts for two weeks. People from all across the region participate in this festival and show the rich and cultural variety of ladakh region. There will be variety of cultural programmes and masked dance performances, colorful robes, and polo matches in Polo ground at leh. You can also try authentic dishes of ladakh in September.
3. Rafting- Rafting on the Zanskat river is also gaining popularity in ladakh. It is the most adventurous thing to do in ladakh. You can choose from mild to severe difficulties and rapids ranging 2 and 4 it will also provide adorable views of Zanskar ranges it will provide you a great rafting experience of your lifetime.
4. Shopping at leh- ladakh is quite famous for its high quality handicrafts which are sold in leh market. It will sell a large range of carpets, shawls, wood carvings, and jewellery made by local artists. It will also provide you a close look of the lifestyle of ladakhis. You can buy different item s of clothes at cheap rates.
5. Monastries visit- Leh is a popular place to visit for its snow covered peaks and beautiful mountains. It is best known for its religious center for centuries. Famous monasteries to visit in leh are Thiksey monastery, Hemis Gompa, The Lamayuru Monastry and Alchi monastery. You can visit these monasteries in your visit to ladakh There you will find peace and serenity as visitors and locals come here to escape from their busy lives outside city limits.
Read More : Things that can spoil trust in a relationship
Attraction around Leh
Nubra valley and TSO Moriri lake are among the famous tourist places in ladakh and off season will give you the best of Nubra valley and TSO moriri lake .Lingshed Monastry, Sumda Chun and markha valley, Chang La Pass, Stupa shanti, Turtuk Village , Nubra valley are the famous places you can visit around leh ladakh in the month of September.
Things you should carry with you during visit to ladakh
1. You have to carry a windproof jacket which should be lightweight and good quality. Cotton clothes of any kind with cardigans and pullovers made of wool, warm Socks and hat with good quality gloves you can carry with you during your leh ladakh visit.
2. Carry your medications as some places have modest medical services.
3. Carry a first aid kit with yourself to deal with any medical emergency.
4. Carry enough cash with you to deal with the daily expenses as there are some places where credit and debit cards not accepted.
5. Limited network are operational in ladakh so carry Jio or BSNL network with you as they are operational in ladakh.
6. Prefer solid and comfortable shoes as compared to sandals.