It is said that seeing local culture and living like they do is the greatest way to learn about a new place. But when one is on a brief vacation with no known ties, it is frequently difficult to do that. The most common solutions to this issue are guided tours, however for individuals who like to travel independently; this may also present a challenge. Let’s talk about the list of nations that have a sizable Indian population and numerous architectural influences from India.
Read More : Top waterproof shoes available in India
1. Mauritius- A stunning tropical location, Mauritius is an island republic off the coast of Africa. The white sand beaches, palm palms, and clear water make this a well-liked vacation spot. However, did you know that almost 70% of people in Mauritius are of Indian descent? Therefore, navigating Mauritius without a map app or having access to Indian food would not be very challenging. The majority of the locals looks Indian and is bilingual in Hindi and English. Furthermore, they are friendly and helpful. Driving in this stunning land is a complete dream.
2. United kingdom- The majority of the 17.6 lakh overseas Indians (people of Indian origin and non-resident Indians) in the United Kingdom live in Leicester, Harrow, Birmingham, and Brent, according to the Indian Ministry of External Affairs (MEA).Even the abundance of “curry and kebab” businesses that can be found on nearly every street corner in big cities like London and Birmingham attests to the UK’s strong cultural ties to India. Apart from the similarities in the fundamental societal institutions, there is also an architectural resonance. For instance, they use the metric system and drive on the same side of the road as us.
Read More : Popular Biotique face washes available in India
3. UAE- It is undeniable that there is a sizable Indian population in the Emirates, making it simple for Indians to travel there and integrate into the country’s culture. Visitors from India may be surprised to see that many of the store signs in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, and Sharjah are written in Indian languages. Traditional Indian attire, cuisine, and goods imported from India can be found in abundance in malls and bazaars. These are what Dubai’s Meena Bazaar is well known for. The best of India may be found in these cities through a variety of trips. One such instance is the “Little India Trail” in Bur Dubai.
Read More : Top Vivo Phones you can buy in 2023
4. Singapore – Approximately 6.5 lakh Indians live in Singapore, one of their favourite vacation spots, according to the Indian Ministry of External Affairs. There are several Indian restaurants that serve Indian food for tourists looking for a taste of home while they are away from home. Even in Singapore, there is an ethnic district known as “Little India” that is located east of the Singapore River. You can shop at the Mustafa mall, a 24-hour shopping mall with everything from electronics to groceries, or you can grab a bite to eat at one of the many Indian restaurants serving a range of cuisines.
5. Canada- A large Indian population that has lived there for many years, as well as beautiful scenery, history, and culture, make Canada another amazing tourist destination. Indians have been drawn to Canada by the country’s plentiful work possibilities, higher standard of life, and top-notch welfare and medical services. The largest Indian populations are found in the cities of Toronto and Vancouver, and Toronto is home to the Gerrard India Bazaar, also known as Little India. This is a commercial South Asian ethnic enclave in a Toronto, Ontario, Canada neighbourhood.