Getting adequate calcium and vitamin D is essential for developing healthy behaviours early in life. Here are a few crucial pointers for parents to encourage their children to have stronger bones.
Read More : Popular Phones Under 40000 you can buy in India
During childhood, the groundwork for excellent bone health is laid. Infants’ bones are developing quickly during this period, making them more prone to injury. In addition to promoting health and height, strong bones help protect against accidents. Providing vital nourishment and care becomes increasingly important as newborns quickly develop because it helps strengthen their skeletal structures. Setting a growth-promoting habit as a priority is crucial. A balanced, nutritious food not only promotes healthy weight but also greatly aids in the overall development of infants.
How you can boost healthy bones in babies
1. Calcium- Definitely the most crucial ingredient for constructing bone. However, calcium is necessary for the heart, neurons, and muscles to operate properly. The body often absorbs calcium from the bones when there is a deficit. Green leafy vegetables, millet-based whole grain porridges, fish, or chicken, as appropriate for the baby’s health, should also be given to children by their parents.
2. Vitamin D- Without vitamin D, calcium absorption is not feasible. Additionally, it aids in preserving the blood’s calcium levels. “We frequently advise infants starting at birth to take vitamin D drops. Adding 400 IU of vitamin D drops to breast milk may be necessary due to possible vitamin D deficiency. Meats, eggs, and fortified dairy products are among the solid meals that can provide vitamin D, according to a health expert.
3. Soluble fiber- Although fibre may seem like an unusual selection for this list, it is still crucial! The doctor claims that “the magic happens in the gut.” The type of fibre in concern is soluble, or the type that gels in the stomach. The fructooligosaccharide, often known as FOS, is the most prevalent one in nature and is present in foods including honey, wheat, bananas, and most vegetables.
4. Vitamin K and Magnesium- Together with calcium, these two minerals help to strengthen or enhance the density of bones. Sprouts and green leafy vegetables are excellent suppliers of these nutrients. The ideal approach, is to give your child a whole-food diet that includes many of these veggies.
5. Avoid drinks and sweetened liquids- Why fill your baby’s stomach with empty calories, wonders the excellent doctor, given that both sweet and fizzy liquids are calorie-rich yet offer little nutritional value. Take soda and other sugary foods out of your baby’s diet.
Read More : Drinks from Ayurveda to stop hair loss
6. Boost your physical activity- Never skip a single physical exercise. With music playing, they move their arms and legs, which stimulates them to grab toys and roll about. It is possible to stimulate crawling, reaching for objects, and eventually walking in babies over 6 months old. Give your child a spotless, unrestrictive space to explore. This will encourage exercise as well