Constipation problem consists of when you are unable to pass stool through the digestive tract and it is not eliminated effectively from rectum. You stool became hard and dry. Main cause of constipation is lack of fiber in your body or dehydration or change in routines. As a treatment of constipation doctors usually advice to increase the dietary fiber intake as you will increase the fiber intake it increases the bulk and consistency of bowl movements and making it easier to pass.
Symptoms of Constipation
1. Difficult and painful bowl movements.
2. Bowl movements less than thrice a week.
3. Feeling bloated and uncomfortable
4. Abdominal pain
5. feeling lazy
Best foods you can add in your diet to relieve constipation
1. Apples- Apples are full of fiber. Consuming apples on daily basis boost the fiber content of your diet and removes constipation you can eat them whole on their own or by slicing it up or can add to salads or baked goods. It contains pectin which is a type of soluble fiber that can soften the stool and promote its movement through the digestive tract.
2. Pears- pears are also rich in fiber and contain laxatives such as fructose and sorbitol. it will help in get rid of constipation. you can eat it raw cooked with cheese or can eat as salads and baked goods.
3. Kiwi- Kiwi is a great source of fiber and it contains actinidin which improves the gut motility and reduce constipation.
4. Citrus fruits- Citrus fruits like oranges grapefruits are good source of fiber. It will reduce the constipation. eat these fruits fresh to have maximum amount of fiber. You can have them in breakfast or take it as salad.
5. Prunes- prunes are basically dried plums if you eat prunes or will take the juice of it. it acts as a natural laxative. Prunes rae great source of soluble fiber which is absorbed by the body. It also contains sorbitol content which is naturally sugar alcohol actually found in fruits and plants it will help in regular bowel movements.
6. Figs- Ripe and dried figs both form of figs contains loads of fiber which will definitely help in constipation. it is gain a great source of vitamin B6 which will give benefit of digestion and good for our intestines.
7. Flaxseeds- flaxseed are full of soluble and insoluble fibers if you eat a spoon full of flaxseed everyday it will ensure good digestion and help in regulating your bowel movements. Flaxseed are rich in Omega 3 fatty acids and antioxidants
8. chia seeds- chia seeds are one of the most fiber dense available foods in market. These are very versatile and you can add it in many foods. When it come in contact with water it forms a a gel which help in soften the stools and make them easier to pass. You can sprinkle them on cereals, oats or curd or add them in shakes.
Foods you should avoid if you are facing constipation
2. Gluten containing foods
3. Processed grains
4. Milk and dairy products
5. Red meat
6. Fried or fast foods