The Government has launched the e-shram portal on 26 August 2021 which is a database of unorganised sector workers. Our Indian government main aim to launch e shram portal to register 38 crore unorganised workers like construction workers, migrant workforce, street vendors. All these workers will be issued an e shram card which will have a 12 digit unique number which basically help them to be a part of social security scheme
Registration process on e-shram portal
1. visit to website https://www.eshram.gov.in/ and register on e shram section.
2. when you click on Register on eshram you will be redirected to https://register.eshram.gov.in/#/user/self
3. Now fill the information required like Adhaar linked mobile number, Adhaar number, Bank account details.
4. Your age should be between 16-59 years(28-8-1961 to 27-08-2005).
5. You have to fill your adhaar linked mobile number and capcha code and click on send otp button.
6. After that follow the necessary instructions and complete the process.
Advantages of e-shram portal
1. if you are registered on e shram portal there is no need to register separately for govt security schemes for non organised workers. You will have a 12 digit unique e shram card which will be valid throughout the country.
2. it is unique database for unorganised sector workers which is made for the overall welfare of unorganised workers of the society.
3. All registered unorganised sector workers can have accidental insurance coverage under Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY ) for a year.
4. Benefit of 2 lakh in case of accidental death and permanent disability and rs 1 lakh in case of partial disability will be provided
Any unorganised sector worker who is aged between 16-59 can get registered on the e-sharam but he should not be an income tax payee.