Major Announcements has been made regarding One Nation One Ration card (ONORC) Scheme. This scheme will allow Migrant beneficiaries to access ration under Public distribution system from any fair price shop in the country. 100 percent portability of Ration cards will be achieved by March 2021.
Eligibility for Ration Card
Any person who is a citizen of India can apply for a ration card. Children below age of 18 will be included in Parents card. However individuals above 18 years of age can apply for a separate ration card.
Types of Ration Card
1. Below Poverty Line (BPL) Ration Cards
The BPL ration cards colour is a Blue/yellow/Green/Red card which is separated by colour. It totally depends on entitlement of various subsidies on food, Fuel and other goods.
The white ration Cards are for people that are above poverty line.
Procedure to apply for Ration card
There are separate websites and link to apply for the ration card which totally depends in which state you are living visit to that website and you can easily apply ration card.
Documents required to Apply a Ration Card
1. Driving licence
2. Aadhaar Card
3. Employee identity Card
4. Voter ID
6. Any government issued identity card
7. Health Card (including the Aaragoyasri card)
Steps to Apply Ration card online
1. Login to the portal you want to apply according to your state.
2. Click on the application Form
3. Fill in your personal details
4. After filling your details now upload the supporting documents and click on apply online Button.
The information which is filled in the form should be correct otherwise legal action will be taken on the applicant.