One of the essential papers provided to Indian residents by the Ministry of External Affairs for overseas travel is the passport. According to the Passports Act of 1967, it also acts as documentation of Indian citizenship, allowing the bearer to travel abroad. Most nations on earth accept the Indian passport as a recognized form of identification for travelling there.
Read More : 5G phone under 20000 you can buy in India
An Indian passport’s validity is based on the holder’s age. Adult passports have a 10-year validity period, whilst juvenile passports only have a 5-year validity period. Users can apply in person at a Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) or online at the Passport Seva website to obtain an Indian passport. Users must provide their biometric information, pictures, and personal information as part of the application process.
The price of an Indian passport varies according on your age and the type of passport you apply for. An adult’s standard passport costs Rs. 1,500, whereas a tatkal passport costs Rs. 3,000.
The methods listed below may be used by anybody who recently filed for a passport and wants to verify the appointment date online:
Here are the steps:
1. Go to the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK)’s (portal2.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/welcomelink) official website.
2. On the site, select the “Track Application Status” option.
3. In the space provided, provide your Passport Application File Number.
4. Enter your birthdate after choosing the “Date of Birth” option.
5. Select “Track Status” from the menu.
Read More : Popular IFB Washing machines available in India
6. You should be able to view the specifics of your appointment, including the day, time, and PSK location, once you have checked the progress of your application.