Women’s health cycles require different things at different times, from the menstrual cycle to menopause. Women undergo several hormonal changes as a result of the beginning and end of their menstrual cycles. When women reach their 40s and 50s, their menstrual cycles typically begin to fluctuate. Menopause is the name for the period where menstrual periods tend to completely stop. They have a variety of symptoms, and on top of that, maintaining a healthy weight is difficult. It is true that women find it harder to shed weight after menopause, Therefore, it is more crucial for women to eat healthily throughout menopause and engage in weight-bearing workouts if they want to maintain a healthy weight.
Weight loss with menopause is difficult because there are no more menstrual cycles for a year. While this is going on, some women feel dissatisfied with their weight gain.
Why Losing Weight during Menopause is Hard?
1. Hormone changes have the tendency to cause the body to store fat.
2. The amount of weight loss may also be influenced by insulin resistance.
3. Insufficient sleep and weight gain are related
In addition, the area where fat is stored shifts from the hips and thighs to the belly after menopause. This raises the risk of metabolic syndrome, type 2 diabetes, and heart disease.
Tips to follow after Menopause
Read More : Side effects of skipping meals on the body
1. choosing a diet high in healthy fats and proteins,
2. Include chicken, paneer, fish, tofu, avocados, coconut oil, flaxseeds, and avocados in your diet.
3. lower your stress level. Yoga, pranayam, practising quiet, meditation, and other similar practises can help you achieve this. The body and mind are calmed by it.
4. reducing insulin resistance by weight-bearing activities and a low-carb, high-fiber, moderate protein diet.
5. Obtain enough of water.
6. Always be sure you obtain a decent night’s sleep. This is advantageous for overall health as well as for weight loss programmes.