Delhi is without a doubt one of India’s busiest large cities. People become depleted by the stress of city life, which is exacerbated by the disorder and pollution. We must break away from the routine if we want to keep moving. Fortunately, Delhi has good neighbours who can allow us to exhale. The many beautiful weekend getaway locations nearby allow us to unwind for a bit. Whether someone is interested in experiencing other cultures, resting in nature, or engaging in adventurous activities, these locations have something to offer everyone. Lets disuss popular place to visit for next long weekend.
1. Jaipur-Jaipur Only 300 kilometres from the national capital is Delhi, also known as the “Pink City,” a famous historical site in Rajasthan. This is a well-liked destination for weekend getaways for a variety of reasons, including its rich history, culture, and architectural heritage. The City Palace, Amber Fort, Hawa Mahal, Albert Hall Museum, Naharghar Fort, and the Jantar Mantar Observatory are just a few of the historical monuments that are waiting to greet you if you are a history enthusiast. Additionally, you may take in the lively marketplaces and savour delectable Rajasthani cuisine at the well-known Chokhi Dhaani. As you tour this lovely place, take a moment to travel back in time and discover India’s royal past.
2. Rishikesh- Rishikesh, which is located in the foothills of the Himalayas, is the ideal spiritual escape that you need to put on your bucket list for a weekend trip. There are several of ashrams in this area where you can do yoga and meditation to help yourself feel better. You can also go river rafting on the Ganga if adventurous sports are more your thing. Investigating Rajaji National Park might also be a fantastic idea. You get the opportunity to commune with nature, unwind, and regenerate in this location, which is only 263 kilometres from Delhi.
3. Kheerganga trek- Look no further if you’re seeking for a weekend escape that combines nature and adventure. You will experience a wonderful adventure on this trip through luxuriant forests, streams, and waterfalls, and you may relax in a natural hot spring. While the Kheerganga hike is difficult and requires excellent fitness, the views from the top are unmatched. Only 557 kilometres separate Kheerganga and its stunning views from Delhi. If you don’t want to stay indoors, this is the ideal location to explore the outdoors and take in the unparalleled grandeur of the Himalayas.
4. Mcleodganj-Mcleodganj is a charming hill station located in Himachal Pradesh at 478 km from Delhi. The Dalai Lama’s residence is heavily influenced by Tibetan culture. There is a lot to see in and around the serene setting. You can tour Bir Billing and the Triund Trek after starting at the Namgyal Monastery and Bhagsu Waterfall. Visit the local markets to eat the cuisine of the area and buy Tibetan trinkets if you want to take a little bit of Tibet with you.
5. Lansdowne- Lansdowne is a little hill town with a breathtaking outlook that is about 280 kilometres from Delhi. If you’re searching for a tranquil escape, this is the location you should choose. Discover the Tadkeshwar Mahadev Mandir, St. Mary’s Church, Kalagarh Tiger Reserve, the Garhwal Rifles Regimental War Memorial, and much more. You can go for walks and take pleasure in birding if you wish to see the Himalayas and nature’s magnificence.