Meaning of E-filing
The process of filing the ITR (Income Tax Return) electronically is called E-filing.it is a very quick, easy process. it can be completed at an individual’s home or office. It also saves your money as you don’t have to hire anybody to file your ITR. You can do it very easily at your home.
Registration on E-filing Portal
First of all you have to get registered on E filing Portal with your login id and password.
1. Visit the e filing website https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/home
2. Register or Login to e file your returns.
If you are already registered user click on Login Here if you are a new User click on Register yourself
3. After that select the User Type.
To get registered with our income tax department first you will choose your user Type there are various options like Individual, Hindu Undivided family,(HUF),Other Than Individual/HUF, External agency, Chartered Accountants, Tax Deductor and collector, and Third party software utility developer.
4. After that some basic details have to filled up.
You have to fill your personal information like your name, your PAN and date of Birth. After that your Pan is your User ID whenever you will login on e filing portal and you have to choose your password yourself. You have to enter your contact details and emailed also there.
5. After that your Pan will be verified by the system. And your transaction ID your contact details will be then displayed on the screen.
6. At the end you have to activate your income tax department account through the link sent to your email ID.
Guidance to fill ITR online
Underlined steps to be followed to e-file your income tax returns using the income tax portal.
1. Calculate your tax liability as per income tax laws.
2. Use your Form 26AS to contain your TDS payment for the all the 4 quarters of the assessment year.
3. Then you choose the category you fall under and choose the ITR form accordingly.
4. Visit the official e-filing Website https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in./home
5. Click on ‘IT Return Preparation software ‘option under Download section on the Home page.
6. Download the offline utility after choosing the assessment year. You can download it either in Java File or Ms Excel file.
7. Download the file and fill the fields with the relevant information of your income, tax payable and also the receivable funds.
8. After filling all the information correctly click on the ‘Validate’ Button on the form to make sure that all the fields are filled.
9. After the validation please click on the Generate XML button this will convert your file in to a XML file.
10. Then after that Log in to your e filing Portal from the main menu with your Login id and Password.
11. Navigate to the ‘Income Tax Return’ option under the e-file Option from the Main menu.
12. Fill up the mandatory fields Like PAN, Assessment Year, ITR Form Number and Submission Mode Then drop down menu to select the ‘Upload XML’ under the submission mode.
13. Click on the continue Button and upload the XML file which you have filled and saved in your computer.
14. Click on the ‘Submit’ Button and select the mode of verification from the list –Electronic verification code Aadhaar OTP and etc