Kidney are the important organs of our body which helps in removing waste from our body these will balance the body fluids and control the production of red blood cells. If we talk about kidney stones these are the hard deposits made of minerals and salts that form inside the kidneys the main causes of kidney stones are diet, excess body weight and certain medical conditions supplements and medications. If a kidney stone become lodged, it may block the flow of urine and cause the kidney to swell and the ureter to spasm which can be very painful. You have severe sharp pain in the side and back below the ribs and it radiates to lower abdomen and groin.
1. Hydration- Drinking lots of water is an essential for healthy function of your body. If you want to reduce the risk of forming stones you should drink lots of water. Kidney helps in removing the waste from our body. The body itself can get rid of undesired substances by passing through urine. If you will consume enough water the extra waste material will get removed from your body. Daily consumption of water should be at least 2 to 3 litres for men and women
2. lemon– citrus fruits like lemon prevent kidney stones from forming. If you will drink ½ cup of lemon juice concentrate diluted in water each day or the juice of two lemons it will increase the urine Citrate and likely reduce the stone risk. Citrate can break up the small stones allowing them to pass more easily.
3. Basil Juice- Basil leaves contain acetic acid which will break the kidney stones and reduce pain. It is full of nutrients and this will help basil contains antioxidants and anti inflammatory agents which will help in maintaining kidney health.
4. Pomegranate Juice- Pomegranate juice is used to improve kidneys. It will help to flush stones and other toxins from your system Pomegranate is full of antioxidants which will make kidneys healthy and prevent kidney stones from developing. You should avoid drinking pomegranate juice if you are taking medications changed by the liver or blood pressure medications such as Chlorothiazide.
5. Rajma- Rajma popularly known as kidney beans which nearly resembles kidneys is helpful in removing kidney stones. It will cleanse your kidneys and include important minerals that promote weight loss. It has vitamin B which helps in overall functioning of the kidney and flush out the stones.
6. Green Tea- Drinking Green tea regularly will be beneficial for the kidney health for the longer duration. Green tea extract bonds to calcium oxalate and makes the resulting crystals a different shape which makes them less likely to clump together and form large kidney stones. Small crystals and stones are then passed harmlessly through the urine.