Chandigarh Also known as city Beautiful is a union territory and capital of two states Punjab and Haryana. Chandigarh is one of the top places to visit in Punjab. It has numerous tourist spots, delicious food zones and lively culture. There are several enchanting hill stations nearby. These destinations offer both trekking expeditions and a peaceful day out where you can sit and enjoy the nature. So if you are planning for weekend trips the following hill stations will be amazing which you can add to your final list.
Read More : Amazing Life Hacks you must try at your home
1. Kasauli– Kasauli is a small town in the north Indian state Himachal Pradesh. It is full of coloniel era houses, orchards, and green roofed Christ church. You can enjoy Hiking, Nature walks, camping, bird watching and sightseeing. You can visit famous points here like Monkey Point, Christ church, Sunset Point and Tibetan market.
2. Morni Hills- Morni Hills is a hill station situated on the outskirts of Panchkula in Haryana which is very close to Chandigarh. It is around 45 km far from Chandigarh. This place is so beautiful you can visit lake called Tikar taal which is 10 km away from morni and gives you mental peace. You can spend peaceful hours here away from crowd enjoy boating at the lake visit morni fort and adventurous park.
3. Barog- Barog is a hill station in solan district. This station lies on UNESCO WORLD Heritage Site called Kalka –shimla Railway. It is just 60 km far from Chandigarh. The most popular attraction of this place is toy train ride if you want to pass through tunnels, Mountains and valleys this train ride is full of adventures like this. You can enjoy hiking nature walks and can visit Dolanji Bon Monastry here.
4. Nalagarh- if you are planning for one day trip nalagarh is best for you to visit it is just 47km far from Chandigarh you can visit nalagarh fort here which is a popular historical landmark of this place. you can go foe hiking river crossing, mountain climbing and can spend peaceful time with your beloved ones.
5. Shimla- Shimla is the perfect choice for travellers it is just 115 km far from Chandigarh you can visit ancient temples and enjoy scenic views it is the first choice for honeymoon couples, adventurous people. You can visit jakhoo hills, the ridge, Scandal point, Lakaar bazaar, mall road you can also enjoy camping and trekking here. This town is famous for its pleasant walking experiences on hillside surrounded by Pine and oak Forests.
6. Kufri- Kufri is one of the best hill stations to visit. it is just 20 km far from national highway. It is famous for trekking and hiking trails it is best to visit in winter’s adventure seeking travellers visit kufri to enjoy skiing and tobogganing on snow covered Slopes. Kufri is the peaceful place to enjoy the vacation away from hush hush of busy shimla. November to march are the best months to visit Kufri when the snowfall is at its peak. However summer months from April till June are also quite pleasant.