A senier citizen of Indian Nationality who is permanently residing in India and should have attained the age of 60 years on the date of commencement of journey
Senior citizen Offers
Ticket pricing are very high so if you are also finding concession for in the form of offers and discount for senior citizens. Currently many airlines and carriers are providing discount on senior citizen flights. Lets discuss the various discounts offered by different airlines.
1. Air India- Air India is offering 50% off on the base fare of the tickets on select booking classes in economy cabin. Travel route is anywhere in India. Ticket validity is from 1 year from date of issue. You have to purchase tickets 3 days before departure.
The senier citizens have to carry relevant ID/ Documents and it should be shown at the time of check in or at the boarding gate.
2. Indigo- Indigo provides hassle free experience and happy to announce that now you can book senier citizens along with other passengers on a single PNR. Not only this you can also select double, triple Seats for eligible passengers from the search widget itself. A family can travel together can book together as well.
Senier Citizens above the age 60 will get 10% off on the base fare.
3. Spicejet- Spicejet will provide 14% discount on the base fare only for senior citizens. All other applicable charges /fees/taxes are payable by passenger. This scheme is valid for both one way and round trip bookings. This scheme is valid for bookings made for travel on direct flights within India. If you have made bookings under this scheme these are not changeable and refundable and not transferable. No name changes will be permitted. This scheme is applied for senior citizens above the age of 60 years. It is mandatory to carry a valid Id card which indicates your date of birth and display it at the time of check in at the airport if you will fail to provide the ID you will have to pay the applicable charges and fees or else the boarding will be denied.
4. Vistara- Vistara will offer up to 10% off on adult base fare for passengers booking in economy class, premium economy or business class and 5% off when booking under economy light fare. Blackout dates apply. Anyone who has attained 60 years of age at the commencement of journey is eligible for the discount and this offer is applicable only for bookings made in India. Free Check in Baggage allowance and hand bag allowance as per fare class booked you have to carry a Government Id with proof of age is mandatory for travel and the ID will be checked at the time of check in.
5. Go first- Go first is offering 8% discount on the base fare on domestic and international flights. Booking under this fare are not transferable. This is a special fare applicable only for senior citizens above the age of 60 years. Web check in and Kiosk check in are not allowed under senior citizen special fare. Carry a valid photo ID proof for check in like Aadhaar card driving license. Bookings will be done on a first come and first served basis.