India has a wide diversity of landscapes to offer visitors, including formidable mountain ranges and stunning beaches. A vacation may be had without breaking the budget thanks to the abundance of cheap places to visit in India. Whether you want to take in the busy city scene, have a relaxing holiday in the highlands, or simply unwind on the beaches, here are a few affordable options to keep in mind when making travel arrangements for your upcoming trip to India.
Read More : Best Midrange smart phones you can buy in 2023
1. Rishikesh, Uttrakhand – You might fit in well in Rishikesh if you have a strong spiritual side. It also goes by the name “Yoga Capital of India” and offers yogic excursions to enthral inquiring visitors. Well-known temples, yoga ashrams, odd events, and local eateries may all be found in the city. In Rishikesh, most tourist attractions are free to enter, and there are lots of hostels and ashrams that offer inexpensive lodging.
2. Jaipur, Rajasthan – Jaipur, which is endowed with a royal past, stunning architecture, and a lively culture, is one of the best places to go on a budget. Despite being known for its luxurious lodgings, Jaipur also has inexpensive housing options, including as hostels and guest houses, as well as inexpensive means to travel there.
3. Kasol, Himachal Pradesh- Kasol, a hill station in Himachal Pradesh, is a great option for tourists on a small budget. There are many affordable homestays, hostels, and low-cost hotels available in Kasol. The best feature of the hill station is the breathtaking scenery that can be experienced on foot. While admiring the surrounding natural beauty, you may also engage in extra free activities like hikes and excursions in Kasol.
Read More : 5 Popular train ticket booking apps in india
4. Goa- Without a question, Goa is among the most reasonably priced tourism locales in India. Numerous basic shacks, homestays, and hostels are located around the city and offer accomodation at incredibly low costs, particularly during the off-season. You can witness the magnificent sunsets on Goa’s lovely beaches for free while paying a modest fee for your favourite beverage. Bikes are quite affordable and are commonly rented by tourists.
5. Ooty-This charming hill town is regarded as the ideal vacation place by many Indians. In Ooty, you may find high-end hotels as well as budget hostels and homestays. You can go to Ooty and have a relaxing vacation without worrying about your finances while taking in the kilometres of lush, green tea farms.
6. Alleppey kerala- In addition to its magnificent backwaters, Alleppey in Kerala is well-known for its beaches, temples, and annual boat races. But we do know that it offers exceptionally cheap accommodation and cheap but excellent cuisine.
7. Pushkar, Rajasthan– Pushkar is a well-known cultural destination because of its allure of a vibrantly cultural atmosphere and exciting events. The sole temple in the universe dedicated to Lord Brahma is located there, making it one of the most significant pilgrimages for Hindus seeking heavenly spiritual happiness. The great majority of pilgrims and visitors to the area can also stay there. It is a top choice among inexpensive locations to visit in India due to its low prices and simple beginning.
8. Amritsar- The well-known “Golden Temple,” which is located in Amritsar, is a popular destination for pilgrims and tourists. By taking advantage of the superb langar offered by the gurudwara, city visitors can also cut their dining expenses. Around the temple, there are other hotel options that are reasonably priced.
9. Shimala Himachal Pradesh- Perhaps the most well-known hill resort in northern India is Shimla, the state capital of Himachal Pradesh. Shimla is well renowned for its colonial architecture, toy railway, Mall Road, and The Ridge. Due to its affordable housing and food options, Shimla is also widely recognised as a popular location for travellers on a tight budget in India.
10. Pondicherry- Pondicherry, a tiny town hidden away on India’s southeast coast and a part of the Tamil Nadu state, is a cheap vacation destination that guarantees visitors sanctity and quiet in the truest meaning of the words. Even though there are affordable and luxurious hotels and housing options, you can stay at the Aurobindo Ashram, which provides nearly free food and lodging.