E Rupi is launched on 2nd August 2021 by our Honourable Prime minister Narendra modi through video conferencing. Our Prime minister believes in digital revolution and E- rupi is also a great initiative towards digital revolution. Basically it is developed by NPCI (National Payments corporation of India) in collaboration with the department of Financial services, Ministry of health and Family welfare and national Health authority.
E Rupi– it is a digital payment platform by Indian government. It is basically a cashless and contactless Payment solution. It is an e voucher with QR code or Sms string based which will be delivered to users mobile. The user can redeem this voucher without any app, internet banking or card. It is basically developed by NPCI on its UPI platform. It will connect the sponsor of services with beneficiaries and service providers. It will be totally contactless without any physical interface. The main aim behind launching e rupi is to make online payment more easy and secure.
Major benefits of E-Rupi
1. E Rupi is a online and digital payment method which needs no physical interaction.
2. It is more safe and secure as there is not any need to share any details while doing payment.
3. It is in the form of a prepaid voucher there is no need of banking details, net banking or cards.
4. It is basically a QR code or Sms string based e-voucher which can be easily delivered to users mobile
5. It will connect the sponsor of services with beneficiaries and service providers.
6. It is the first payment system by Indian government which helps its citizens in cashless transactions.