Hyperuricemia is commonly defined as a high serum uric acid level. High uric acid levels can result from the body producing too much or not excreting enough uric acid. The kidneys and urine eliminate uric acid from the body. Excessive alcohol consumption, genetics, kidney problems, leukemia, or obesity can all contribute to high uric acid levels. Certain foods can aid in the reduction of uric acid levels in the body. According to Shailaja Mamtora Thakar, a Life and Wellness coach, some dry fruits can help lower high uric acid levels.
Uric Acid controlling Dry Fruits
1. Walnuts-Walnuts are high in omega-3 fatty acids and gout-friendly protein, which may help reduce uric acid levels in the body. Walnuts contain omega fatty acids that reduce inflammation while increasing uric acid levels.
2. Almonds- Almonds are high in Vitamin E and contain anti-inflammatory antioxidants. Almonds should be included in your diet because they are low in purines and high in vitamin E, manganese, and magnesium.
3. Pistachios- Pistachios are high in fiber and potassium, which help to lower uric acid levels. They also help to control blood sugar levels, are good for the heart, improve immunity, hemoglobin, and vision, and aid in digestion.
4. Cherries-it contains anthocyanins, anti-inflammatory properties, and antioxidants, which may help to lower high uric acid levels in the body. Cherries are stone fruits that fight inflammation, lower the risk of various diseases, promote good sleep, soothe sore muscles, improve blood sugar levels, and pack a nutritional punch.
5. Dates-Dates, also known as khajoor, are another healthy dry fruit that can help lower high uric acid levels. It is high in potassium, an ideal nutrient that is naturally alkaline, making it effective for neutralizing excess acid in the body.
Read More : Natural ways to improve your gut health
6. Cashews- Cashews are a tasty and healthy nut that can help people with gout. They are a safe addition to a gout-friendly diet because they are low in purines. Furthermore, cashews contain beneficial fats, anti-oxidants, and minerals like magnesium and potassium that can help maintain the overall health of your joints.
7. Flaxseeds-Flaxseeds from plants contain omega-3 fatty acids and fiber, which can help to reduce inflammation and support heart health. Despite the fact that they contain purines, they can be a beneficial addition to a gout-friendly diet when consumed in moderation.
8. Raisins-Raisins are high in vitamins, minerals, and natural sugars. They have traditionally been used to treat a wide range of conditions, including gout-related joint pain. Raisins may help control uric acid levels due to their anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
Controlling uric acid levels is critical for preventing joint pain and arthritis. Including certain dried fruits in your daily diet can be a healthy and enjoyable way to help control your uric acid levels. It will be beneficial even if severe cases occur in the future. A healthy weight and staying hydrated, in addition to a balanced diet, can improve overall health. It lowers the risk of hyperuricemia-related complications.
Read More : What significance does color have in Vastu
Thus, eating dry fruits can help to prevent or delay the onset of high uric acid levels.