Long and strong hair can be achieved through healthy lifestyle and healthy diet. As weather is changing and getting extremely hot long summer days with lot of humidity makes the hair dull and grey. Seasonal change always makes our hair undernourished followed by excessive hair fall. Extra care is required for healthy and shiny hair. Long and strong hair is the result of good diet with every nutrient. It will nourish your hair from roots and give you healthy and strong hair.
Essential nutrients to add in your diet to get strong hair
1. Vitamin A – Vitamin A is essential for hair to stay moisturised it also promotes hair growth Foods rich in Vitamin D are Sweet Potato , Pumpkin, Carrots, Spinach
2. Vitamin B – Vitamin B is essential nutrient in hair growth which carry oxygen and nutrients to the scalp. Vitamin B is found in Whole Grains, Banana, Eggs, Fish, and Cheese.
3. Vitamin C– Vitamin C is found in Citrus fruits and boost hair growth it prevents hair from ageing
4. Vitamin E- Vitamin E will strengthen your hair and prevent oxidative stress. It is found in foods like Almonds, Spinach and Pumpkin.
5. Iron– Iron deficiency is the cause of hair loss so add iron foods in your diet chart to boost hair growth Foods rich in Iron are beans, Peas, Dried fruits like raisins and apricot.
6. Zinc– Zinc foods reduce dandruff and boost hair growth. Popular zinc rich foods are nuts and seeds whole grains and milk products.
7. Protein- Protein is required for healthy hair growth. Protein rich foods are dairy products, eggs, almonds, Greek yogurt.
8. Biotin-biotin makes keratin production and improves dandruff in your hair. Biotin rich foods are egg yolks and mushrooms and seeds.
How to maintain healthy hair
1. Massage your scalp to promote hair growth and increase blood circulation.
2. Try to air dry your hair whenever possible.
3. Get your hair cut regularly in between 10-12 weeks to prevent split ends
4. If you are using hair dryer so always start with lowest heat and increase it if needed.
5. Don’t wash your hair more than once a day don’t use over cold or hot water for washing hair.