Suffering from Blood pressure, Diabetes or family history of Kidney failure it can put you at an increased risk of developing kidney diseases. Even if you are not falling in above categories it’s very important to take care of your kidneys for a healthy living. How we can do it its very simple just make some lifestyle changes and your kidneys will be healthy
1. Eat Healthy diet- kidney diseases mainly occur from other medical conditions like high blood pressure, diabetes and cardiovascular disease. So always have a healthy diet which will control your blood pressure and weight.
Read More : Best and affordable Food delivery Apps in India
2. Exercise- Regular physical activity is important to control weight gain and high blood pressure. Just take care that you do the needful exercises. Over exerting yourself can result in serious problems and if you are a heart patient you are at high risk and before following any exercise routine talk to the expert like which exercises you can keep for overall health of kidneys.
3. Restrict usage of supplements- if we are consuming excessive amounts of certain vitamin/Herbal supplements it may be harmful for your kidneys. If you are planning to take vitamin or herbal supplements talk to your doctor first which supplements are good for your health.
4. Avoid consumption of alcohol- if you are drinking more than 4 drinks in less than 2 hours it will do serious damage and possibly lead to long term problems in future. Alcohol consumption can dehydrate your body which can keep your kidneys from working well and can lead to weight gain, liver disease, and high blood pressure.
5. Quit Smoking- Smoking damages our blood vessels which results in slowing blood flow to kidneys and raises the risk of kidney cancer if you stop smoking your risk will drop.
6. Enough sleep- Always try to sleep 7-8 hours of sleep each night if you are facing troubles in sleep improve your sleeping habits Sleep deficiency is linked to many chronic health diseases like heart disease, high blood pressure, obesity and depression and kidney disease.
Read More : Want to Travel in budget explore these Budgeted hostels pan India
7. Avoid Processed foods- Processed foods can satisfy your midnight hunger but these are very harmful for your kidneys. Processed foods are high in sodium and phosphorus which can lead to kidney damage.
8. Excessive salty food- if you are consuming excessive salt in your daily diet it will raise your blood pressure which can injure your kidneys. So try not to use much salt and season the food with herbs and spices. Less consumption of salt leads to healthy kidney function.
10 Foods which boost kidney heath
1. Red bell pepper
8. Fatty Fish
9. Pumpkin seeds
10. Lemon Juice